Related Learning Goals, Objectives and Standards
- Students will access information
- Students will organize information
- Students will present information
- Students will organize information the writer's checklist
- Students will present information to classmates via PowerPoint presentation
- To generate interest in science
- To motivate students curiosity and encourage their use of information skills
- To recognize technology (internet) as a way to attain information
Information Literacy Standard(s):
- Standard 2: The student who is information literate evaluate information critically and completely
- Standard 3: The student who is information literate uses information accurately and creatively
Information Literacy Skill(s):
- Indicator 3.1: organizes information for practical application
- Indicator 3.2: produces and communicate information and ideas in appropriate formats
English Language Arts Standards
Standard 1: Language for information and understanding
Students will listen, speak, read and, write for information and, understanding.
As listeners and readers, students will collect data, facts, and ideas; discover relationships, concepts, and generalizations; and use knowledge generated from oral written and electronically produces text.
As speakers students will use oral and written language that follows the accepted conventions of the English language to acquire interpret apply and transmit information.
Read and comprehend informational materials
- Scientific Connections and Applications: The student produces evidence that demonstrates understanding of big ideas and unifying concepts, such as…cause and effect.
- Scientific Tools and Technologies: The student uses…tools…to gather data.
For additional Information on Standards Click the links below ↓
National Information Standards
National English Language Arts Standards
New York State Science Standards