Depending on your objective students can be assessed in a number of ways. Below are a few examples:
- Use of rubrics and checklists
- Group discussions
- Listening to student presentations
- Work samplesStudent conferencesStudent self-assessmentsRubrics for student exhibitionsObservations
Some Questions for Assessment and Conferencing
- Precipitation, evaporation, transpiration, water vapour, and clouds. What role do they play in the water cycle?
- How does water move across the landscape before it collects in watercourses (surface water)?
- How does water move under the ground (groundwater)?
- How does water move through creeks, rivers, lakes etc (watercourse water)?
- What is the point where fresh water interacts with seawater (estuaries)?
- What is the role of the oceans in the water cycle?