Your job is to create a booktalk script for a book that you choose. Eventually, you will perform your booktalk, and we will videotape it and post it to our library archives so others can see it too. This will be a great opportunity to showcase your hard work and talents!
LET'S GET STARTED:
There are a number of resources to help you to complete your task. Below is a checklist, so you know what is available and how to proceed. Click here to print the Booktalk Checklist.
1. Watch the Powerpoint presentation on the Take a Look tab. Have a pen and paper ready and take notes on the Powerpoint.
2. Explore some websites (Use These Resources Tab) to check out different booktalks and to get ideas and a "feel" for how booktalks go.
3. Choose a favorite book to feature in your booktalk on and have a copy of the book handy to refer to as you plan your booktalk.
4. Print the Booktalk Planning Template (Located in Let's Go CONTENT: then choose Fiction or Nonfiction, depending on your book choice!)
5. Check out the rubric (in Assessment) that we created in class so that you know the expectations.
6. write your booktalk script. (Draft a few ideas out so you can pick the best one!)
7. Share and get feedback from a partner.
8. Submit your booktalk to the teacher to get approval, and if recommended, revise your script.
9. Practice, practice, practice and get ready to perform. (Gather and bring props as needed…)
P.S. Don't forget to ask questions if there is anything you are not sure of or you get confused!